Shower Ideas | Glass Shower Wall with No Door
If you want to renovate your bathroom, consider installing a glass shower wall with no door. This upgrade will open up your bathroom and shower area by creating a luxury, spa-like feel.
At Glass Doctor®, we’re experienced in installing all types of glass showers—from frameless shower enclosures to showers with no doors. Schedule an appointment with us today at (855) 603-1919.
Benefits of a Glass Shower Wall with No Door
Many doorless showers include glass walls or half walls on one of their sides, instead of a sliding or swinging door.
In addition to their ability to open up the space, glass shower walls provide other benefits, such as:
- Easy Maintenance—The removal of a shower door makes cleaning and maintaining your shower much easier. Simply wipe down your tile surfaces with a sponge or microfiber cloth and make sure that the grout in your shower is mold-resistant.
- Better Accessibility and Safety—Walk-in showers with no doors allow people with reduced mobility to easily access the shower and safely move around within the space.
- More Natural Light—A curtain or shower door can close off the shower space, leaving it dim and closing out a lot of natural light. When you install a glass shower wall with no door, more natural light will flood in.
- Increased Space—This type of shower feels less confining than a typical shower with a door or curtain.
What to Consider Before Installing a Glass Shower Wall
Doorless showers are almost always custom-made, allowing you to make design choices that are both aesthetic and functional.
Here are some factors to consider before beginning the installation process:
- The amount of light available in the shower area—Installing a glass wall or half wall for your shower area will allow light from the bathroom to illuminate the space, so think about which area would produce the most light.
- Existing walls in your bathroom—By optimizing your space and utilizing two corner walls, you won’t have to build a walled-off structure into the bathroom. A glass wall can be used to create a third wall to help define the space, contain water and reduce drafts and temperature fluctuations.
- Type of shower head—Shower heads that shoot a direct path of water not only maximize the amount of water that reaches the bather but also help prevent water from spraying outside of the shower.
- The aesthetics of your bathroom space—A glass shower wall allows full view of your beautiful custom tile surround and shower floor. Creating a shower area with at least one glass wall or half wall retains the openness of a walk-in shower while containing water within the shower.
What to Expect with Glass Doctor
When you’re ready to design and install your new walk-in shower, the experts at Glass Doctor are here to help. Here’s what you can expect when you schedule a free, in-home consultation with us:
- Before we come to your home, check out online design sites to gather inspiration for your glass shower wall.
- After scheduling a consultation, our certified specialists will arrive in your home, assess your space, take any necessary measurements, and discuss your budget and custom design preferences.
- Within 24 hours, we will provide you with a free quote outlining the work needed to be done for the project.
- Once you approve the quote, we will schedule a follow-up time to come back and promptly complete the installation.
- When we finish installing your glass shower wall, we will clean up the area and provide you with tips on how to take care of your new space.
Take a more detailed look at what the shower installation process looks like:
Install a Doorless Glass Shower Wall with Glass Doctor Today
Once you have your inspiration for a glass shower wall with no door, schedule an appointment with Glass Doctor at (855) 603-1919. Our experts have the expertise and skills to customize a perfectly-fitted glass shower wall for your bathroom space.
The Spruce: https://www.thespruce.com/showers-without-doors-ideas-4137742