Garages are rarely just for storing cars anymore. Whether you’re in need of a decent workspace or simply sick of stumbling around in a dark garage, adding garage door windows can change your musty old garage into a pleasant space.
Why Choose Garage Door Windows?
Few homeowners consider adding windows to their garage doors. However, upgrading your home with garage door windows comes with a lot of benefits: Garage door windows significantly increase the natural light in your garage and make smaller garages feel more spacious.
You can choose garage windows in a variety of styles to complement the rest of your home exterior. You can even capitalize on this design trend on the cheap by adding faux garage door windows.
Garage door windows also have fantastic return-on-investment for homeowners looking to increase curb appeal. A set of sleek windows breaks up the blank face of a garage door. Garage door windows are a great choice for anybody thinking of selling their home.
Garage Door Windows That Open & Faux Garage Door Windows
Standard garage door windows let in lots of light. This is a great option for homeowners who want more light and a stylish look. Garage doors may additionally include windows that open, or faux garage door windows.
- Garage door windows that open are a hot new design trend. They improve airflow in your garage as well as let in light. You can even install screens! Garage door windows that open are a fantastic choice for homeowners who use their garage as a workspace.
- Faux garage door windows give the look you want at a fraction of the cost. An especially good DIY project for those who want the aesthetic of garage door windows but don’t want to compromise on cost or privacy.
Garage Door Window Design
Happy with your garage door and automatic door opener? Thankfully, you can add garage door windows to an existing garage door! You can choose between aluminum or wood frames to complement the other windows in your home.
There are a few elements to consider as you design your perfect garage door windows:
- Safety first! Garage door windows can make your garage door a bit heavier. It’s important to get the spring system in your automatic garage door opener adjusted so it can handle the extra weight.
- Window placement. Install your garage door windows in the top panel (above eye level) if you want light without sacrificing privacy. If you do want a view of the outdoors, install your garage door windows in the panel below.
- Insulation. If you have an insulated garage door, maintain that energy efficiency by installing insulated glass windows.
- Privacy. Choose between glass finishes (ranging from tinted, frosted or seeded glass) to maintain your privacy in style.
Glass Doctor Garage Door Window Repair & Installation
Like all home windows, garage door windows should be installed by a professional, like your local Glass Doctor®. And if your garage door windows are damaged, We fix your panes! ® Call 833-974-0209 or request an appointment online to get started.
Airflow can improve the indoor air quality (IAQ) of your garage. Learn how to tell if your garage is suffering from poor airflow with these tips from our friends at Aire Serv®. Like Glass Doctor, Aire Serv is a member of the Neighborly® family of home service brands.